View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Hmmm....
How does this affect my question here ?

Specifically -- will a composite column such as {date} now sort on the date-time underlying "Date" instead of the visible mm/dd/yy?

Will pubdate sort on the visible "yyyy" or the underlying, possibly misleading date-time?

Would it make sense to have a tweak regarding sort behavior -- sort on display vs sort on underlying date-time?

(It's when you're doing nested sorts that it matters).

Edit:
I guess my preferred behavior would be to have dates sort on what is displayed, but as though they were dates, not just text.

Last edited by capnm; 11-08-2011 at 01:39 PM.
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote