View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Question about date sorting

If I understand correctly ...

The "Date" (date added) column sorts on the underlying datetime, not on the visible date.

But sometimes I want to use this in a nested sort, say Title within Author within Date -- which doesn't work, because I'll just get everything sorted by Date to the (milli)second.

I created a composite column ("{date}"), and that sorted nicely, but I took a whopping performance hit (see here ).

So I'm wondering if I overlooked an option that doesn't require the use of a composite column ...
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote