I just made some changes to handling of dates in the GUI that might introduce "regressions" (OK, bugs). Kovid has merged the changes into 'trunk', and I would very much appreciate it if people who run from source could try it out before this week's release.
I have converted all dates in the GUI to date_time, which means that all date fields now contain a time as well. If the format permits showing times, then you can set and set the time. For the standard columns, the formats are set using tweaks. For custom date columns, the format is set by editing the column setup.
There are behavior changes. The biggest is that when editing you will see only the fields that the format specifies. For example, if your pubdate format is "yyyy", when editing you will see only the year. Before, you would see the month and the year. If you change your timestamp format to "dd MMM yyy hh:mm:ss", then you will see and can change both the date and the time. You could also do this for pubdate, but I am not sure why you would want to.
Another change: the tooltip for a cell will show the date + time, regardless of the format.
The tweaks for the three standard date fields are gui_last_modified_display_format, gui_pubdate_display_format, and gui_timestamp_display_format.
The time format options are:
- h : the hours without a leading 0 (0 to 11 or 0 to 23, depending on am/pm)
- hh : the hours with a leading 0 (00 to 11 or 00 to 23, depending on am/pm) m : the minutes without a leading 0 (0 to 59)
- mm : the minutes with a leading 0 (00 to 59)
- s : the seconds without a leading 0 (0 to 59)
- ss : the seconds with a leading 0 (00 to 59)
- ap : use a 12-hour clock instead of a 24-hour clock, with "ap" replaced by the localized string for am or pm
- AP : use a 12-hour clock instead of a 24-hour clock, with "AP" replaced by the localized string for AM or PM
Example: the values of the tweaks for testing are
gui_last_modified_display_format = 'yyyy/MM/dd hh:mm:ss'
gui_pubdate_display_format = 'yyyy'
gui_timestamp_display_format = 'dd MMM yyyy hh:mm'
For this week, please post bugs/questions here. Once the changes are released and stable, bug reports will become preferred.