View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 04:18 AM   #1
Priscillux
Priscillux began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
slow browsing + faded letters?

Hello,

I've had my Sony PRS-T1 for about a week now, and overall I'm very pleased with it, however I'm a bit concerned with slowness loading pages when browsing. I've watched reviews of the Sony on youtube and also on this site (e.g. the reviews by Nathan from the-ebook-reader.com) and loading pages seems to be quite fast. By contrast, when I do internet browsing pages take significantly longer to load. I've timed loading times (with cache, cookies and all history cleared) and here's what I get:

Guardian mobile : 2-3 secs
Independent: 6-9 secs; Independent mobile: 4-6 secs
Telegraph: 6-10 secs (but it can take up to 31 secs to fully load a page)
Financial Times: 5 secs
mobileread.com/forums: 5-6 secs
Google search: 4 secs
Amazon.co.uk: 2 secs
mobile twitter : 3-4 secs (but singificantly longer to fully load a page)

I've tried on two different Wifi networks (my home network and at a cafe) and the results are roughly the same.

Could someone pls tell me whether you get similar results with your Sony or whether this performance is slower than standard? I'll be using the reader for browsing a lot (as it's easy on my eyes), so I want to be sure I'm not holding on to a slow machine.

Also, it seems to me that the letters have faded somewhat on the Sony, and I've only had the reader for a week! Has anyone noticed any fading on their Sony?

I'd be very grateful for any replies. This is the last day of my 7 days money back guarantee period, so I'll have to make a decision quick whether I keep the reader or send it back!
Priscillux is offline   Reply With Quote