Thanks kovid, I really appreciate all the work you do on calibre.
I've made a few changes to the recipe:
- Added a few extra guards to make it more robust
- Got rid of the "Caption:" label
- Added a postprocess parse to remove the captions that resulted from when an image fetch failed
- Stop adding empty captions
- Changed "feedsportal" rss feeds to Independent.co.uk equivalents
I noticed that their web server frequently times out when processing a request (probably initial teething problems with the new site). This resulted in a lot of captions being added without an image. Hopefully the post process parse should take care if this issue.