View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
markpearl
Enthusiast
markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 37
Karma: 576732
Join Date: Jun 2011
Device: Kindle
I followed every one of the steps you have in your sticky -- rebooted my WinXP PC as well as the Kindle 3 -- nothing helped. The information from "debug device detection" provided me with a message to copy & paste provided info somewhere, but there was no info to copy c&p! Strange...

What appeared to correct the problem was plugging the Kindle 3 into my laptop, also running Calibre -- that detected my device. After being reassured the problem was with my setup not my device, I re-plugged the Kindle into my main PC, fired up Calibre and -- inexplicably -- it was recognized. I tried it several times and all was/is well.

This is a very curious phenomenon I've never seen before. Somehow that "Kindle 2/3 Device Interface" plugin update was the cause -- can't explain it. But I disabled then re-enabled it which may or may not have helped fix my problem.

Thank you for Calibre -- and a speedy response on a Sunday evening)
markpearl is offline   Reply With Quote