View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 05:51 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MBA, DVP11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
I wonder whom Nagel considers his enemy number 1...?
I think the future is pretty clearly the phone market for a while. Not that traditional PDAs will disappear, but everyone carries a phone, so everyone buys them. PalmSource plans to provide a platform for communicators (smart phones), as well as feature phones (say with camera, messaging, etc.)

Very interestingly, the current phone platforms are not robust enough to handle the future phones and it is universally accepted that there will be a change very soon. And it's also being predicted by everyone that the new platform will be on Linux. Perfect for PalmSource with PalmOS for Linux.

So with all that in mind, the "enemies" are Microsoft and what Patrick McVeigh referred to as another proprietary solution. I suppose he meant Symbian, but I guess he might have meant RIM/blackberry.