View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1959 View Post
Hi James - just a quick follow up on a different topic.
It would be nice if the Kobo site provided travel information for ereaders. (if it is there, sorry I couldn't find it).

Ebook readers are awesome for travelling. When I was in Chapters yesterday a couple bought 2 of the vox and were on their way to Jamaica today. We talked about different voltage rates but didn't know if the charger would work in Jamaica or not.

It would be nice if the Kobo site had that kind of info and also as an accessory they sold different voltage or universal adapters.

Also in general the whole idea of traveling with an ebook reader would be a great marketing point which I don't think is presented on the Kobo site...
Jamaica uses a slightly different voltage and frequency than we do in Canada. They use the same plug and socket type, but rarely include a grounding prong or polarization (when one prong is larger than the other) like we do in North America, meaning many Canadian appliances simply won't fit into the socket.

The good news? The Vox charger is not polarized, does not need a ground prong and is rated for 100-240V at 50-60Hz.

It is 100% compatible with the electrical systems of Jamaica and you can simple plug it in and go, no worries.

Edit: On a side note, Chapters carries a couple different travel adaptor kits if you're ever looking to go somewhere with a different voltage. They're not always in stock at every location but I know the store I work at has them in currently.

Last edited by jefftheworld; 11-03-2011 at 05:54 PM.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote