View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Educate me please... Overdrive, Adobe Digital Ed, Libraries, Bluefire

Hi... just established my first library account at Singapore National Library. I have some questions.... Please help this free library newbie...

I established account and downloaded my first book while browsing the library on my iMac (safari). I was anticipating the book to open in Overdrive but when I launched the book it opened in Adobe Digital Editions.

That was stupid I then think to myself... I want the book on my iPad. So I did manage to download the book to my iPad with Overdrive (from the library site.)

Seeing that the book worked in Overdrive on my iPad, I went back to my iMac to open the download in Overdrive but I can't. It will not recognize the .acsm file (stays dimmed).

So... I have the book in Digital Editions on iMac and Overdrive on iPad.

Questions...
1.) Why can't I open the .acsm book file in Overdrive on my iMac?
2.) If I had downloaded with overdrive on my iMac would my iMac and iPad sync? (i.e.: does overdrive sync between devices)
3.) Bluefire Reader supports Adobe Digital Rights Managed books... is there any way to use my downloaded .acsm file with Bluefire?

Thanks to all in advance - I'm looking for best way to handle library downloads on my iMac and iPad. You advice is appreciated.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote