Originally Posted by therealjoeblow
Is there an option to have Calibre update the title (and other stored metadata, covers, etc) without actually converting the book when I hit "OK" on the "Edit metadata" screen?
Metadata will not be inserted into the ePub until you do one of the following.
- Use the Save to disk feature to export the book from calibre.
- Use the Send to device to export the book from calibre.
- Use the Connect to folder feature to export the book from calibre.
- Use the Content server to export the book from calibre.
The above 4 methods will insert the metadata into the book as the book leaves the confines of the calibre environment. The below 2 methods will update the book inside the calibre file structure.
- Use the modify ePub plugin to update the metadata in the book.
- Convert the file, epub to epub would work.
Additionally covers will only get inserted into the ePub with the first 5 options above if there is an existing cover in the ePub that is properly structured and identified as a cover.
Currently if a cover doesn't already exist in the ePub or if the cover is not properly identified the only way to insert the cover is via a ePub - ePub conversion.