View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
McNaughton32
McNaughton32 can extract oil from cheeseMcNaughton32 can extract oil from cheeseMcNaughton32 can extract oil from cheeseMcNaughton32 can extract oil from cheeseMcNaughton32 can extract oil from cheeseMcNaughton32 can extract oil from cheeseMcNaughton32 can extract oil from cheeseMcNaughton32 can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Unhappy Confusing Error Message

First time here, so I don't know if I'm even in the right place. Sorry if I'm not.

I have published a few books so far and not had any problems. Recently I received an error message from Smashwords that completely baffled me. It was:

1.ERROR: A Voice.doc: corrupted ZIP header
2.ERROR: A Voice.doc: I/O error: error in opening zip file
3.Check finished with warnings or errors!

I re-formatted my book and tried again and still got the same error. I contacted Smashwords and was referred here to validate my book file and received the same message. I just finished inserting my file text into Notepad, stripping all formatting with Ctrl+A, placing in a new Word doc and without doing any formatting at all uploaded the file to validate and received the same error message.

Why am I getting this message on this file alone, even after stripping everything? It makes no sense to me.

Anyone able to offer help?

Thanks.
McNaughton32 is offline   Reply With Quote