View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 08:58 AM   #22
ZombWii
Enthusiast
ZombWii began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Blah, blah, blah.... you all want a "shopping cart" at Kobo. When you finally get one it will probably be at the expense of having discount codes...and then you'll all REALLY be mad.

Does Amazon do discount codes? Sony?

Having a "shopping cart" model which utilizes discount codes, in conjunction with the current "Agency" pricing system under which many, many of the most popular titles and authors are non discountable is indeed possible. But it would be a complete customer service nightmare.

My mother-in-law has a Kobo. I do not want to have to explain to her why 2 of the books in her "shopping cart" can be discounted and 2 cannot...and I'm sure Kobo would rather avoid that can of worms too.

Their solution is to provide us all with many discount codes, which we all adore, and one-item-at-a-time processing. The code either works or it does not.
The "inconvenience" of having to put each desired book through separately is offset by the fact that you never have to get off your butt to go to a brick & mortar bookstore again. And for those of you having your credit cards frozen for buying 12 $0.99 books in one day...well it kind of serves you right. Yeah, I said it.
ZombWii is offline   Reply With Quote