Originally Posted by bchaplin
Please let me know if you do get it to work. I'd be interested in installing both Arabic and Hebrew fonts on my Kindle[...]
Hebrew seems to work, too. I just tested it with a Hebrew pangram. But since it has been ages since I last looked at a Hebrew text I'm not 100% sure.
Please find attached a simple Hebrew test .epub and a screen capture that shows the Kindle display.
BTW, my installation on a Kindle 3.3 WiFi went as follows:
1. I backed up all my Kindle ebooks and uninstalled the jailbreak
2. I downloaded Lite1014.1225.rtm.rar from here
3. I copied the DK_System folder from the archive to the Kindle root directory
4. I copied the large update_duokan_0b008.bin
from the 升级包\k3升级包\kindle3.2.1升级包\ folder to the Kindle root directory (If you don't have a WiFi model, you'll have to pick one of the other .bin files.)
5. I started the firmware update (Settings > Update Your Kindle)
6. After the update was complete, Duokan Lite displayed the Chinese welcome screen. After a while I figured out that I had to select the 5th menu item [S]
in the rightmost menu to change the language to English.
7. I connected the Kindle to the computer and copied Arial.ttf from my PC to the \DK_System\Lite\res\userfonts
folder. (Arial supports both Arabic and Hebrew).