Thread: DR1000 Fixing the reset button?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Not just a bump - real solutions?

I first mangled the reset button, and then tore it off using a toothpick instead of the *very gentle stylus touch* as recommended in the manuals. While that is of course completely my bad, this is some serious piece of shit design -- the switch isn't even soldered on the main board and it is way too fragile.

Now the 'for parts' unit I purchased recently has got lost in the mail, apparently, so maybe it's time for some DIY. It is possible to put a metal nail file flat against the contacts where the switch rested and the DR1000 resets OK. However, it's a real PITA to open the device every time, so I'm thinking about getting some conductive glue and sticking a less frail switch on its place.

So far I've found these possible replacements in eBay:
Stroke leaf switch; search
Mini push button

What do you guys think?

Last edited by MrWarper; 10-30-2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: wording
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote