View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook HD+, Nexsus 7, Nook Glowlight, Paperwhite II, Kobo Glo
Best epub reader/library manager - recommendations?

I am off this morning to pick-up a HTC-Flyer which will be my first Android device. I am an avid reader and I can see there are many reader apps available. So I'm looking for advice as far as the apps that would best fit my particular situation.

The HTC-Flyer runs Android 2.3. I currently manage my e-book library using calibre. I have about 500 e-books and would really like to manage my epubs in one application, and I would like to be able to continue to use calibre to manage my e-books, if at all possible. So, if anybody has had experience with the Android calibre app I would appreciate information on that as well. (I'm not exactly sure, what the Android app does.)

I will be using the Kindle app, but most of my books are epubs. I would like to have as many customization options, like backgrounds, margins etc,. The ability to directly download from public domain and epub sites would also be nice. I would like to avoid having a Kobo, Sony, Nook etc., app for every store and going through the "now where did I buy that?" exercise.

So if anybody has suggestions, I would be greatly appreciative. Looking forward to entering the world of Android.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote