View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #16
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350 (silver, blue); PRS-300 (), Kindle Paperwhite
Yes - prepared as it should be (internal fontname, bla...). Used both mounting methods: with temp-folder and without. Tried several variations with fonts in sub-folder, in root, ... Script (prsp.sh) in database\system\PRSPlus.
No error-message or failure. Just not working.

And I don't want to flash an altered firmware because I allready bricked my reader completely with such fiddling around.

A.

Edit:
Update: I managed to get the mounting working for a view minutes. Until the next restart of the reader. Never worked again. There seems to be more strange things than thinkable...

One more strange behaviour:
Due to a not working skript the reader stuck while booting. After reseting over the pinhole reader made a setup like new and asked for language etc. Strange: my books where all there.
And a view more which I never have seen before. Even when new. The new reader have had german books installed, now I additionally have one englisch book in full version (Pride and prejudice) on the reader. I know there are the free books somewhere in the firmware. But englisch books AND german ones?

Anyway - finally I managed the way quisvir suggested and altered the kbookassets.xml. Letters in book lists and option menu are smaller making it more useful:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-10-29_1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	78376

Furthermore with mounting the system-fonts-folder altering menu fonts and default reader fonts are now very easy.

Thanks!

Last edited by Analogus; 10-30-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote