View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 07:29 AM   #7
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350 (silver, blue); PRS-300 (), Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks, I will try

Just one question if you can help:

Do you have an idea why the first attempt doesn't work?

I found out, that there is a linkin the original folder of the firmware additional to the 3 fonts. It points to /opt1/dict/SWNMTeb.ttc

In that folder NOTHING can be found (?). If I copy this LINK additional to the 3 font-files in the same folder (which will be mounted at restart) problems partly vanish: no messing up with interface and deleted bookmarks. But:
There is no text visible in the dictionary anymore!

Also described here:
http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/issues/detail?id=142
There also is mentioned a solution (?) in just copying a file named SWNMTeb.ttc instead of the link. A cannot find such a file, not in the firmware nor over the internet.

Once I tried to make my own firmware. I changed one of the fonts – same issue: no text visible in the dictionary.

Besides: I even tried to take the original Sony fonts and mounted it. Same issue: no text in the dictionary. So it shouldn’t be the fonts.

What I cannot understand is the reason of a lot of links in the original firmware pointing to empty folders.

Okay, that's a long question – but maybe you have some ideas.

Thanks,

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote