View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #216
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandel717 View Post
Also the formatting is such that in portrait or landscape you get a grey bar at the top and bottom of the page; the page doesn't fill the screen.
I just got back from playing with one at the store and also noticed the grey bars and didn't like that. They also seemed to be a fixed size - you could zoom, but the text layout doesn't reflow like a Kobo book. Are the regular black & white books different or are they like this too?

Quote:
I called Kobo support to ask about enabling access to Android Market and was told, helpfully, that the Vox is not an Android device. After I corrected the guy on the phone, he kept mentioning that it was an e-reader and they don't really support Android related stuff on it.
My understanding is that it's Android Market that doesn't allow access - they have strict requirements about which devices can or cannot access. But I don't think the customer support should be saying it's not an Android device - it clearly is!

Quote:
Perhaps in comparison to a Kobo e-ink reader it will seem more exciting, especially if you don't try to use it too much as a tablet?
My impression when playing with it was definitely that it's an e-reader that does extra stuff, rather then a full blown tablet that happens to allow reading. And that is how they are marketing it too.
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote