View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
Clawdia
Connoisseur
Clawdia is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle (K3, DXG)
Should I Exchange my K3?

I spent about a week trying to decide which Kindle to buy, and finally (partly due to the posts here saying that the K4 screen just wasn't as good), I opted to get a Kindle Keyboard (formerly known as the K3).

I'd been using a DXG which I love - but love more the K3 with the sans serif font. It's my favorite Kindle so far.

BUT - I do notice that the left hand page forward button seems a little loose and not as firm as the other 3 page turn buttons. Nothing drastic - seems almost 'picky', but there's a difference in the way it feels. It still turns the pages properly, but instead of feeling firm and solid to the touch, it just wobbles around a bit in the casing.

I'm trying to figure out if I should exchange the K3 while I'm still within the 30 day window of being sure to get a new K3 as a replacement and not a refurb that I'd get if 6 months down the line it becomes a real problem - not that I've any problem with refurbs, I'm using a Mac refurbed laptop to type this - but if I pay for a new Kindle, I want a new Kindle. I buy Apple refurbs because they're only 2/3 the cost of a new one.

So - does this seem enough of a problem to warrant an exchange? Also, what if I do exchange and happen to get a unit with a darker screen than my K3 now - I'd prefer a wiggly button to a dark screen - would it be my option which to return, or could I say I'm not happy with either and would they send yet another exchange?
Clawdia is offline   Reply With Quote