View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #36
Hamlet53
Sister Carrie
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Confirm. It's literature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
I confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Sorry, I technically forgot to say I confirm in my first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I have it available through inter-library loan, so I'll confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Slightly

One of my top 5 songs of all time (etc. etc.) is "Death and Night and Blood" by the Stranglers, which is about Yukio Mishima. As a result I look forward to giving this month's choice a go .
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
You are, of course, correct.

It does look like a literary book to me, so take that for what it is worth (does this count for a confirmation?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I'll confirm it.

I'm definitely putting this author on the radar of potential reads. I've managed to find a pile of Japanese and Chinese authors that I had never heard of in selecting some of the books for my reading list next year:

Kenzaburo Oe
Gao Zingjian
Ha Jin
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I'll probably sit this one out, as I have a number of other items to deal with, but I would still like to confirm The Sea of Fertility as a literary selection. It has been highly praised and regarded as a masterpiece. Is that OK or is one supposed to confirm a work only if one intends to participate in the discussion?

I'll still follow the thread as sometime I might like to try the novel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I'll confirm. The reason I held back is because I hadn't heard of the author before now. Based on the description of the book and the background of the author, I would be happy to categorise his works to be literature.

So that is 7 to 10 depending on what interpretation to apply to Orlok's, JohnF.'s, and fantasyfan's posts? Perhaps these three could clarify?
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote