View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I can't buy an amazon-exclusive book and read it on my hardware. Not without removing DRM.
And I can't buy a Kobo exclusive book and read it on my Kindle without removing DRM. That's evil.

Exclusivity is either evil or it isn't... it can't be OK for Kobo to do it, yet evil for Amazon to do it. That's all I meant by a certain someone's double standard.

But we don't even know yet, if these deals will be exclusive (for any length of time), and I can honestly say I don't really care one way or the other. I think everyone should start their own imprint/retail store if they so choose.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote