View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
photoluminations
photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Angry Cover image for Kindle

Kindle (Fire) requires a single internal cover image which is defined by pointing to a file in the metadata and manifest.

I will do that in Sigil after generating an epub with Calibre.

I can provide the cover as an html page, or as a jpg file.

When I bring an html file into Calibre and go to CONVERT BOOK, there is an option:

CHANGE COVER IMAGE
There is a browse bar to enter a file link (Calibre only allows jpg here, not html)
There is a check box "USE COVER FROM SOURCE"

Do I ignore? Change by file link? Check "use cover from source" ? do both?

Also, I want the book to open at the cover, can I specify that if the cover is not part of the html?

Last edited by photoluminations; 11-05-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: please see updated statement as comment below
photoluminations is offline   Reply With Quote