View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 05:33 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Please tell that to my eyes after reading on my computer monitor for an hour or so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Or even a few seconds on that article... Tiny black text on a huge, bright white background isn't very easy on the eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I think it's a purely cultural thing. You're very used to one thing, and thus don't like that other thing.

Imagine the following test:

Take x children, aged 0. Never ever give them a book made from paper, but only ereader devices. Tablets, e-ink readers, any form as long as it's not paper.

Take a second group, also consisting of x children, aged 0. Never give them an ereader device, but only paper books. Hardcovers, soft covers, paperbacks, any form as long as it's not electronic.

Now, once they've turned 18, switch book reading methods. Then, when they're 20, ask them which format they prefer...
Quite probably they might say that it is easier for their eyes.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote