best tablet for college/ebooks/textbooks
Hi this is my first post here and I need some help plese I need a tablet that I can use for college I was looking at the eee pad transformer (which I can get from newegg now with the keyboard dock and a case for 499) I need one that has a good app for textbooks (most likely Kindle app or nook app) I was looking into the nook color too which looks cool but seems too small and I dont want to be limited to one in case it doesnt have all the books i need and then theres the issue of buying now or waiting a bit for quad cores to come out which for the transfomer is supposed to be october (rumors? fact?) I need as much help as I can thank you in advance. (sorry for the rant)
oops didnt see this ok heres the form
1. What is your budget?
2. Would you consider purchasing used/refurbished?
yes if it works
3. Do you prefer a Slate, Convertible or Ultra Mobile PC (UMPC)?
4. What size Tablet PC would you prefer?•Small and light ~ 5" to 8.9"
Compact ~ 10"
5. Which country do you intent to purchase from?
6. Do you have any preferences to brand loyalty or dislikes?
7. How many hours battery life do you require?
Up to 7 hours
8. What will be the primary usage scenario of this tablet? (Email/Web Surfing/Drawing/Word Processing/Entertainment/Notetaking etc)
word processing and ebooks/textbooks (would rather take notes in a book)
9. Do you have an OS preference?
10. What software and tasks do you intend to run? (Microsoft Office or other Word Processing Suite/Photoshop/3D Studio Max/Autocad etc)
dont kno about this one
10. Do you intend on playing Games? If so please list.
1. What resolution do you prefer?•XGA - 1024x768 ~ large and easy to read text and graphic icons but you fit less on the screen.
2. Do you require the screen to be readable in sunlight?
3. Do you prefer your display to be glossy or matte?
4. Do you require Touch? (without pressure sensitivity) (Which one: resistive or capacitive)
5. Do you require a Pen? (with pressure sensitivity) (Which one: Wacom or N-Trig)
1. What size Hard Drive and Memory do you require?
not an issue
2. Do you require an Optical (CD/DVD) Drive to be built in?
3. Do you require ability to add a second Battery or Hard Drive (Modular Bay technology)?
1. Other non specific items ~ please add other items you require not covered above?
2. Additional requests ~ anything other you wish to take into consideration?
(it sounds like Im leaning towards an android)
Last edited by gothaam; 10-25-2011 at 02:34 AM.