View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #55
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
"Larssen was not paid for including the brand names (as should be obvious). "

Curious as to why that should be obvious? Wasn't The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo published after his death? So there is no way he ever new it would be the success it was. I'm not saying you are wrong, that it was in no way product placement for which he was paid, but I don't see the "should be obvious" part. I don't see why suspicion should not be raised by the description of that computer that sounds like an ad?
This - he didn't have a publishing deal when he wrote the books, or when he died, so even if he wanted to do product placement, I don't think he would have been able to.

Also, the technology he mentions is generally obsolete: I don't think you've been able to buy a Palm Tungsten T3 for more than five years.

Finally, given his political proclivities, I'm not sure that he would be in favor of product placement anyway.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote