Originally Posted by daxp
I've downloaded a German-English dictionary from here
, but I cannot get it to show up as anything other than an English dictionary. I've installed Mobi2Mobi, it says it's German. Calibre says it's German. The only thing I've found that disagrees is my Kindle. I'm probably missing something rather simple, especially since it's late...but I just can't see what.
Unfortunately the dictionary creator didn't use the correct language codes for the source and target languages.
In the German-English.opf
file, he defined both input and output languages as English:
This means that this dictionary will never work as a lookup dictionary on a Kindle.
However, since his dictionaries were GPL 2 licensed, you can fix his mistake:
the .mobi file and change the languages in the German-English.opf
file as follows:
2. Re-compile the mobi file with Mobipocket Creator
(You can edit the .opf file directly or simply double-click the .opf file and change the languages in the Book Settings dialog box.)