Well, I went a little crazy making covers once I got the hang of it.
I found a bunch of wine tasting journals that were the perfect size at the DollarTree:
Using the instructions
I turned one into a cover disguised as a book.
It's lined with some taffeta I got out of the remnant bin at Joann Fabric. I highly recommend using a stronger glue than the Instructables recommends.
I also got some imitation leather out of the remnant bin, so with some cardboard and glue I made this:
The most expensive part of this was the magnetic closure. All the parts cost lest than $5. It has some problems, so I'm remaking it now, but I got enough faux leather to make 8 of them, so I can afford to mess up a few.
I bought some quilting fabric at Walmart and covered some of the journals:
I used elastic headbands for the elastic so I could have some more colors than just black:
So now my T1 can wear a different dress every day, and I still have some journals left for when I get bored.