Originally Posted by pokee
Hey pasmith - just a few follow-up quesitons for you, if you don't mind...
1) The .avi is not a supported file type when I look at the specs. But...that just means that they don't have pre-loaded software that supports it, correct? So, in theory, I should be able to download a free app to play any of my .avi files?
3) Will there be something I can use to play library borrowed audio books that are .wma files (I had to download 'Overdrive Media Console' to read a book I borrowed recently on my PC).
6) I didn't realize you could use Reading Life right now...can I do that with my Kobo WiFi?
8) That zinio website for magazines looks great, but it doesn't have Entertainment Weekly or People in Canada
It's kinda pricey though...I can get a discounted paper subscription for most of those for much cheaper. I do like the capability of buying single back-issues to mags I don't subscribe to, though! That's cool!
Thanks again for all the info!!!
I can answer one of those. I was actually just searching the getjar app store to see if the apps I use for media are there.
1) Getjar has the 'Rockplayer Lite' which is what I use on my android phone to play .avi and other formats not supported in the base software. I know for certain there are at least a couple more popular options but I've found Rockplayer does a decent job for me.
I use Winamp for music because it will sync through Wi-Fi with my PC and phone. I know it will play .wma but I'm not sure about the versions/drm imposed by a library loaned audiobook.