View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
taltman711
taltman711 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
My problem with kindlefix

Hi,
I am having a problem getting a book to open after running kindlefix.py. Perhaps you all could review what I have done and tell me if I have made an error.
1. I obtained the PID using the kindlepid.py script. I verified the PID by using Mobireader 6.0 on Win XP. They were the same-- so far so good.
2. I dowloaded a free book from Harper Collins--Serpent Bride-- in the .prc format.

content modified on Amazon's request

4. A file was successfully generated called SerpentBride.azw. I transferred this to my Kindle and it is recognized by the Kindle albeit with a jumbled title.
5. When I attempt to open the book, I get the message saying that the selected item could not be opened and referring me to the Manage Your Kindle page at Amazon.
6. I have double checked the serial number, the PID, and run the kindlefix script multiple times, always getting the same error message. I can open all other books I have downloaded. This is my first attempt to open a kindlefix book, however.
Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 03-12-2009 at 09:56 AM. Reason: post content modified on Amazon's request
taltman711 is offline   Reply With Quote