Originally Posted by p_a_smith
1) I would be surprised if .avi files won't be supported in the stock video player but if not there are plenty of free movie playing apps.
3) There will probably be a stock mp3 player but if not there are loads of free apps to play music/audio files.
6) The Reading Life Stas on my Kobo includes sideloaded books and the totals are for across devices.
8) There are some magazine subsciptions available via Kobo directly but I noticed in the Vox promos them mentioning zinio. (www.zinio.com
for USA or http://ca.zinio.com
). They have all the usual newstand magazines (US and EW among many others).
Hey pasmith - just a few follow-up quesitons for you, if you don't mind...
1) The .avi is not a supported file type when I look at the specs. But...that just means that they don't have pre-loaded software that supports it, correct? So, in theory, I should be able to download a free app to play any of my .avi files?
3) Will there be something I can use to play library borrowed audio books that are .wma files (I had to download 'Overdrive Media Console' to listen to a book I borrowed recently on my PC).
6) I didn't realize you could use Reading Life right now...can I do that with my Kobo WiFi?
8) That zinio website for magazines looks great, but it doesn't have Entertainment Weekly or People in Canada
It's kinda pricey though...I can get a discounted paper subscription for most of those for much cheaper. I do like the capability of buying single back-issues to mags I don't subscribe to, though! That's cool! But...can you keep them forever or do they expire?
Thanks again for all the info!!!