View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyb View Post
I currently have the Sony pocket edition and want to buy the Prs-t1, hopefully today if I can get some answers.

How do I transfer books from my current reader to the new one? Is there a way to do this from the old library to the new one?

Do I need to uninstall the old reader before installing the new one?

Do book covers show up for every book downloaded either from the Sony Store or a publisher that I downloaded to my laptop and then transferred over?

When using the browser to buy books, do I first have to go into the store to install a credit card number or is there a way to do this when I'm buying in a wi-fi hotspot?

Thanks !!!
You can have both installed - they use separate directories. So the way to do it is to install the new Reader for PC (or whatever it is called) and the first time you run it, it will ask whether you want it to import your books/collections/notes from the old software.

This option works - but the books will still be stored in the old software directory and the new software will link to them. As long as you don't care where your books are stored, it's pretty straight-forward.

Covers - no, they don't always show up. Someone more knowledgeable hopefully can go into epub formatting issues. But for most books the covers show up (and for all of the ones I bought from SONY's store) but some ebooks I bought from third parties did not have 'properly formatted' covers. In which case, you get a placeholder thumbnail.

Not sure I get your last question. Of course, you need to provide a credit card for purchases. You can do so under 'my account' settings from either your PC or the device itself. If you have an account previously setup, no need to do any of this again.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote