View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I can understand the moderators need to talk about this--not the Kobo part--but the whole issue of whether we are talking about reading devices that do other things, or tablets that happen to run reading apps. Part of the challenge if i were part of the conversation is that with the changes related to enhanced eBooks, a new ePUB standard, the new Amazon format really mean that the devices we will read on (at least some of the time) are no longer dedicated devices.

I can see having a brand like Kobo or B&N, Amazon, Sony represented on MR needing (?) some way to deal with phone apps, tablet experiences, dedicated readers. Making decisions that carry MR into the future is a big topic.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote