View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #47
poohbear_nc
Non-Edible Chicken
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It will be interesting to see if they ditch the Mobipocket/Palm Doc wrapper for KF8. If they do, it will probably take quite a while for a solution to appear. If they keep it, I suspect that a solution will be available in a very short time.

My bet is that they will keep the Palm Doc wrapper.
This also interests me - the Amazon announcement specifically mentions "technical and engineering" books - which would allow increased conversion/adoption of textbooks - which dovetails nicely into their "rent a textbook" program - which might need new/different/increased DRM to limit/prevent the creation of "used ebook" textbook stores/exchanges, and get wary publishers on board. This format change certainly opens the way for Amazon to enter the digital textbook market - in all categories, if mathematical, engineering, computer symbols & calculations can be properly displayed.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote