View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 12:43 PM   #11
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm=> Ebookman=> IPaq=> Axim=> Cybook=> Kindle 2=>IPAD 1 & Kindle 3SO
OK,

I took the plunge and installed the new firmware. Obviously, I have only used it for a few minutes now, so I can't really say much about it.

However, I can report that I successfully installed it. Also, once it was installed I had no problem returning to the book I was currently reading -- at the correct place in that book.

It's hard to see what is different. The menu's and layout look the same, but I guess I could be overlooking something.

I have seen one positive feature. If you hold down the next page button, it will continue to 'turn' pages. This certainly makes it faster when you need to move forward a couple of pages. It turns fast enough that you really can't skim the pages as it turns. So it works if you know you need to move ahead by a specific number of pages, but its not quite perfect if you aren't sure how many pages you need to turn.

Michael
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote