View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #56
bfisher
Fanatic
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Galaxy (Aldiko)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
"Notwithstanding" by Louis de Bernieres, a series of linked short stories set in an English village, inspired by the place and time he grew up in. It is beautifully written, makes you laugh and cry and gives a wonderful picture of life in a simpler world. I am enjoying it immensely, much more than I had expected.

Thanks very much for the recommendation. I was able to get this in print at my local library. I am halfway through, and love it. I particularly enjoyed the Girt Pike, Mrs Mac and the ongoing thread of the Wind Quartet.

I'm enjoying this book so much that "The Partisans Daughter" and "Corellis Mandolin" are going on my Must Read/Listen To List.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote