View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #55
pokee
Fanatic
pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pokee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
•Battery lasts up to 7 hours

Don't think I'd be interested in an e-reader with a 7 hour battery life. I go over a month before I have to charge my Kobo Wi-Fi.

I'm also fairly sure I don't want to read on a lit display. E-Ink is king in that regard.

I'll stick with the Wi-Fi for reading books, and if I wanted a tablet I'd go for an ipad or the Samsung Galaxy tablet.

ltr
Yeah...I get what you're saying. I was saying the same thing when the Kindle Fire was released. But, now I am looking how they are incorporating some aspects of reading that I enjoy (reviewing books, chatting with other people about them online - because no one I know personally reads the same stuff as me, and recommending reads/chatting on facebook about books). That's a huge marketing feature for someone like me. BUT - there's still the backlit screen to contend with...

I like the size and I like the simplicity (I don't need a camera, or any superfast processor for games), but will I actually use this to read - or will I just d*ck around on it and still use my Kobo WiFi to read?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote