View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
I've been using Goodreader and Documents to Go (and I've tried a few other readers) and all of them had trouble displaying the particular document that I was mostly using them for. Random lines (fairly tightly-packed text) would be cut vertically in half with only the bottom half (usually) of the text displaying. I downloaded the Adobe Reader app and did not have this display probmel (which, I checked, I was still having with my other readers).
Interesting! PDF is an open standard now (not controlled by Adobe), so everyone can write their own PDF reader and writer software, but I haven't run into too many conflicts with OSX (which has its own PDF reader) or iOS apps.

Do you know what application created the PDFs that other apps can't read properly, but Reader can?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote