View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
adieu
adieu doesn't litteradieu doesn't litteradieu doesn't litter

Device: None
Designing a document for both print and epub

Brand new here and to the epub format. I was relieved to today discover this forum, but please excuse my ignorance of epub and ebooks in general.

I am fairly Adobe literate. I use InDesign for publication design and Dreamweaver for web design.

Our company plans to create two map guides in print and epub format. Most pages will contain a small map and 100-150 words. The first page of each chapter will include a larger area map that will act as an index to the following pages.

InDesign has a little button that exports files in epub format. Seems fairly simple to everyone around me. I can just create print-ready files in InDesign, then export them to epub. Easy.

But looking around here and elsewhere the last couple days suggests otherwise, that using images with text is a different kettle of fish.

Can I just jump into the document design and not worry about epub conversion until later?

Or are there things I should do in the initial stages of design that would make life much easier for me down the road?

Any help appreciated. If anyone knows of a resource for those who are designing documents to be used in different mediums would love to hear about it.

Thanks
adieu is offline   Reply With Quote