View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #13
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; iPad3, iPad Mini; Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I was impressed with the Nook STR when I saw it in demo mode at Best Buy and thought the text looked fantastic. Then I drove across the street to B&N to play with one not in demo mode. The text looked like night and day. Partial refresh on the STR is not for me. I suggest you look at one in non-demo mode before making any final opinions since everybody is different on what they like or don't like.
The model I saw - and that impressed me so much - was indeed in demo mode. I will have to check out one in regular usage.

I just assumed screen quality would not be affected by it being in demo mode... but, given your comment, I'll look into it.

I would be willing to put up with quirky software, if the screen is as good as what I saw there.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote