View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 10:06 AM   #24
Ret
Connoisseur
Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeister0
; BlackMask has converted at least part of their catalog. Some vendors, such as Renaissance Books, sell plain HTML books that you can convert.

That is my biggest gripe about the device - not being able to load an HTML or RB file directly onto a media card and loading it up.
I think the convertion program that Blackmask uses doesn't work properly. I tried downloading some books in french and all accents and special characters were illegible. They should try to fix that.

I don't know why they tie the ebookwise 1150 to only the IMP format. If they let you upload and read unencrypted content why not let us use just plain HTML for that. I say this because I know this device has a built-in HTML reader. I've coded a little software that let's you surf the web with this device and it was great to see all the screen was used to render webpages (the top toolbar and the page count bar were not shown!). Some HTML tags and/or Javascript are not supported, so not all websites are rendered as expected.

Does anyone know anything about their firmware content? I know nothing about that, but it'd be great to try to change it.
Ret is offline   Reply With Quote