Originally Posted by tompe
I think that it is a design bug to save the last read position and bookmarks in a file system that the user can corrupt so it becomes impossible to save the information. This information really should be saved in some internal file system.
And if the problem depends on type of sd card then an internal file system would solve this also.
It is not a design from Bookeen. It is the same setup that any MobiReader based system uses. The temp data is saved in the .mbp files in the same directory as the original .prc or .mobi files. If you read on a desktop or ppc and you delete those files you also start from scratch.
It is possible to remove the SD card on the fly and put it back again. That can cause trouble. It is also possible that a bad contact in the SD slot can ruin things.
I have my dictionary on a SD card. Once I was reading and used lookup to find a word. No problem at all, but 5 minutes later when I tried it again I got the message: No Dictionary for this Language, indicating there was no dictionary at all. I simply pushed on the SD card and voila, I could use lookup again.
I read from 'internal' memory. That could be the explanation that it works OK for me.