View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
USB connector becomes loose

I have had my Kobo since the first day it came out. Lately I have been having problem with the USB connector that would not connect to the computer. The green light comes up saying it is charging but I cannot press the button saying that I want to connect it to the computer since it disappears instantaneously. Sometimes when connected to the computer the box would pop up even if it already connected. And when disconnecting it and adding new books it doesn't seem to see that it is disconnected and won't trigger the processing content being frozen on the connected and charging screen.

Tried with 2 different cable, same thing. Funny thing on my girlfriend netbook the window will stay open. So I wasn't sure if it was a problem with by desktop usb.

But yesterday I bough a new Kobo for my girlfriend and her USB connector is very loose. you can wiggle the connector sideways, I was even able to push the connector inside the kobo sideways and back. It took 20 min to be able to have the green light open by placing it carefully and placing the cord in a special way. It even closed my desktop by connecting it due to a power surge. So needless to say she will be exchanging hers.

But with my previous problem I am really thinking that there is a serious build problem with the usb connector not being sturdy enough. Anyone experience this? Any ideas why mine is acting differently
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote