View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #114
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml View Post
So I2Reader can connect to Calibre's content server?

Are there any other readers in the AppStore that can connect to the Calibre content server?

I like the BlueFire app, but hate that I can't set up a connection to Calibre. That functionality of Stanza is probably one of my favorites.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookkatz View Post
I don't know if this will help, but I keep my Calibre library in Dropbox and use the Dropbox app on my iPod Touch to access the books. I can open the files in the Bluefire app with no trouble. I don't have an iPad, but things ought to work the same way on the iPad.
I hope I don't come across too much as an i2Reader fan, but having spent a lot of time evaluating other eReaders, it has become my Stanza replacement - even though there are a few niggling issues.

One good feature, is that it has a wide range of ways of getting books, including directly to Calibre's content server - (see attachment for a screenshot). I also use DropBox and am experimenting with Calibre2OPDS.

I can't get this to work properly yet, but at least I can view the catalogue which has the benefit of letting me see the Series information in addition to other details about the eBooks.

UPDATE: Calibre2OPDS kindly set me straight and I am now able to connect to my catalogue in the Sky and download eBooks as desired.

UPDATE I have now given up on i2Reader as they are not answering any emails and Apple refuse to do anything about it (the lack of support), so I am issuing a WARNING to stay away from i2Reader.

By contrast, I have discovered that the developer of MegaReader is actively working on meeting the requests of Stanza fans - see http://bit.ly/vCMqQi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.PNG
Views:	285
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	77834  

Last edited by Wyndham; 11-02-2011 at 12:27 AM. Reason: WARNING
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote