View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:45 AM   #1
benong
Enthusiast
benong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-950
HELP!! Kindle DX Graphite Battery Drains Issue

I have read the earlier thread on this subject and follow every methods memtioned but I'm still having this problem:-

My Kindle DX Graphite is only about half a year old and is running version 2.5.8. Every time I charge it full (usinng household main power with the supplied Amazon charger/USB cable for overnight) and the battery lasted less then 2 days, with probably 2 hours reading each day. All this while 3G is off and I hardly use the search/find function. Even with the Kindle DX switch-off (blank screen instead of sleep mode), the battery is discharging! I have changed to a new battery (purchased from protaTronics.com) but the same thing happens. Therefore, I doublt it is the faulty battery problem.

It seems to me that some processes are always runing irrespective of where the machine is in sleep-mode or completely switched off!
So far, I have tried Restart and Reset to Factory Default (from the menu) several times but the problem persists. I have also did search for non-existence word but always return with "0 find" and it is not showing any reindexing at all. Also, there are only about 10 books (including some in PDF) in my Kindle DX.

I am desperately in need for someone to help me solve this irritating problem of having to charge it every couple of days. If possible, also how to identify what processes are running in the background and how to kill them off.

Your experience and help will be grately appreciated.
I really look forward to a solution so that I can start enjoying this wonderful reader as it should!
benong is offline   Reply With Quote