1. No name 4GB MicroSD from Borders
2. Any and all epub books on SD card from multiple sources
3. Load using drag and drop and sometimes Calibre
4. Issue stared with 1.9.11 and continues with 1.9.12, rollback 1.9.10 fixes
5. Access to card is lost resulting in a bookmark and return to main menu, SD books no longer visible in library
I took out the 512MB SD card out of my 4 year old razor phone and it is not experiencing the problem with the same books transferred over from the 4GB card.
So from my perspective, this is not related to particular books or means of management, only to the type of MicroSD card and version of firmware. Reverting back to 1.9.10 fixes it everytime.
I saw the comment from a Kobo rep that most users do not sideload books, but I had to, since I encountered other issues that required factory resets to solve. I would love to have my KT reader so stable that I don't have to side load all of the books I read out of fear of losing them like what happened on a recent trip to Israel. A 14 hour plane ride is a very long trip without books