View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #8
TFeldt
Connoisseur
TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TFeldt can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Asus Transformer, Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
But in general, I believe that sync, backup, and cloud services are all contributing toward reducing the internet to nothing more than the world's most inefficient switch for the worlds slowest Storage Area Network.
This is pretty much my view on the matter as well. There is one single major benefit to using these syncing services; automatic and fully transparent off-site backup.

I use a 100gb dropbox account for this specific reason, immediate replication of files I drop in it to not just my own backup-server (which runs dropbox) and other workstations but also to the amazon storage which dropbox uses.

Tend to use "the cloud" mostly for vps spawning on demand. Also got a vpn to ensure access to my home+work networks when I need them.
TFeldt is offline   Reply With Quote