View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #20
Vitel
Enthusiast
Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Vitel is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 3 (broken), Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Fire, Kindle 4 Black
Luffier, Kindlevarazs
Thank you for your feedback and contributions! Nice job!
As for additional engines, they must support cross-compiling for ARM architecture. So far I was able to cross-compile five open-source engines, one of which (TSCP) was excluded, because it overloaded CPU and prevented normal update of e-Ink screen, and Phalanx was excluded because it worked extremely slow on Kindle. The three engines included in the build represent different trends in chess engine development. Crafty is a well-known 'reference' engine, Glaurung is the immediate 'father' of Stockfish engine, and Toga II is a descendant of Fruit. Actually I don't know how much difference Stockfish or Fruit can introduce on an embedded system. Anyway, if you know of a good open-source engine, that is worth a try, please post a link here. I will check if it can be compiled and if it runs smoothly on Kindle. If so, it can be included in one of the next builds.

Last edited by Vitel; 10-13-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Vitel is offline   Reply With Quote