View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
DayAlMohamed
DayAlMohamed began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone who has submitted so far to Trust & Treachery. We have received some amazing stories and poems. In fact, at last count, we are just shy of 250 submissions!

For those wondering about the process, Trust & Treachery has two editors and 5 readers. Each submission is read by at least 2 people (a reader and an editor) though usually 3 (reader and both editors). Each submission has a short 1-2 sentence summary written for it; a score from 1-10 (1 being “Help my eyes are bleeding!” to 10 which is, “This is so good I’m going to turn into some creature from Lord of the Rings” – Yessssss, my Precious); a justification for the score and a final Yes, No or Maybe vote. This is done by EACH reader. As a result, we’re running a little behind on our reading schedule, but you spent time and effort on your work and we will do the same.

I know some folks would like more information. So far, we have had 3 full acceptances and are holding about 20 stories for further consideration. The vast majority of submissions have been more mystery-oriented with a rather large number of stories taking a husband-wife revenge theme. Of the three acceptances, one is science-fiction, one is horror and the third is a personal-political story.

We hope to post more often over the next few months to keep you up-to-date. In the interim, please help pass the word and send us your best stories. Our submission period doesn't end until December 15!

You can submit at the Trust & Treachery site at http://treachery.mlcrawford.com.

And, as always, feel free to send us a note if you have any questions at: TreacheryAntho@gmail.com

Sincerely,

Day Al-Mohamed
Editor, Trust & Treachery
DayAlMohamed is offline   Reply With Quote