View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #16
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
If what you're writing is a comic book (or maybe I should say "graphic novel") then some variation on "Aiieee!" will probably do. But if you're writing a story or a novel, you'd probably be better off not trying to spell out a scream but using narrative instead to say the character screamed. Could be my imagination's just limited these days, but I can't think of a way to spell it out that doesn't have that comic balloon feel and that's probably not what you want for prose fiction.
That's about the way I feel about it, too.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote