View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #34
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
This is disturbing. It implies that Amazon does not view the Fire as its flagship EBR, but rather, a cut-rate and fenced-in iPad. I don't mind having a smaller iPad, but I do mind having one that lacks the reading functionality of a K3.

What I really would like is a versatile reading machine with a larger but reasonably portable screen. With the right software, that could be the Fire. Lacking that, it's not what I want.

I'm beginning to have second thoughts about my own purchase.
Basing your decisions on what a CS person says is rather naive. Most CS folks cannot find themselves in the dark, much less have much knowledge of a device still over a month away from release. Based on how many Kindle apps do have Collections, I highly suspect that CS person was dead wrong.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-10-2011 at 01:46 PM.
jswinden is online now   Reply With Quote